Feb 29, 2012

Do not negotiate with a closed pistachio.

Joe and I have landed on the most delicious healthy snack.  Move over, Planter's Nut & Chocolate Trail mix--flavored pistachios have made you their bitch.

Don't mind the chip clip.

Pistachios have made their way to the mainstream; even Snooki endorses them.  A sack of these nuts (pfff!) snagged our attention a few days ago at Meijer.  We love all things garlic, so when we saw that these pistachios were available in an onion and garlic flavor, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to try them.  Since we ate the entire bag in a matter of a couple of days, I picked up two other bags this evening: salt and pepper (left) and sweet chili.  I can't decide which flavor I like the most out of the three, but they are all the absolute shiz.

If deliciousness isn't enough to get you to try some of these pistachios, I'll try to persuade you with some of the health benefits of pistachios.  Pistachios are:

Antioxidant superfoods.  I don't know what antioxidants actually do, but that and "superfoods" are buzzwords, so this has to be a good thing.

Filled with good fats.  Yep, right up there with avocados.  And I love avocados.  Ipso facto, I love pistachios.  Right?

Beneficial to weight loss.  It probably has something to do with nutrition.  However, I think it's mostly because it you must expend many calories removing the nuts from their shells.

An excellent source of nutrients and fiber.  Don't you want to be "regular"?

So...GO EAT SOME PISTACHIOS!  And if you buy a bag and read it, you'll understand the context of this post's title.

1 comment:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of pistachios. Enjoy them, those sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete