Jan 27, 2013

CLE Weeks 1 & 2

I published my CLE training plan a couple of weeks ago.  I was determined to create a real, personalized training plan and stick to it.  Here's how I planned weeks one and two:


And here's what I actually did:


At least I've been doing something.

Week one was all kinds of screwed up because of lack of thought.  When I made my plan, I failed to acknowledge that it would begin with a crazy week, given abnormal work obligations and a weekend trip to New Orleans.  Monday started off right--I did Core Synergistics in the evening.  Jebus, I do not remember it being so difficult for me to do any kind of push-up the first time I ever did Core Synergistics about 2.5 years ago.  On Tuesday I did my 3-miler after work.  Despite mad-crazy soreness from Core, I busted out those 3 miles in 23:12.  I shifted my 5-miler to Thursday morning, then did my planned 3-miler at group run in the evening.  At 4:00AM on Friday, I was en route to New Orleans.  I was determined to do anywhere from eight to ten miles on Saturday morning, since I wouldn't be able to run at all on Sunday morning given travel plans to get back to Ohio.  I set out with three ladies, including new friend Jaeda.  We were having so much fun running at a really easy pace through the scenic French Quarter, French Market, and Riverwalk.  So much fun that I was satisfied with only running 4.3 miles.

Week 1 mileage: 15.36 (plan -13.64. Ouch.)

Week two was better.  I still didn't run my planned mileage, but at least I ran this time more than what the plan requires.  That makes up for all of the missed miles in week one, right?  Right.  Unfortunately, I did not do Core on Monday.  Since I had the day off and no obligation to be anywhere at any time, I instead joined the home squad for about 5.5 miles including about a mile of hill repeats.  Wednesday through Friday I just ran what felt good, which ranged from four to five and a half miles each day.  My Wednesday evening run was awesome--5.5 miles at 8:01 pace.  Yesterday morning I was supposed to run 8, but we only did 7.5.  I was okay with cutting out a half mile because most of the run was over snow, which made for some pleasantly painful calf burning afterwards.  This morning, I did my planned 11 miles, with my last mile coming in at 8:02.

Week 2 mileage: 38.12 (plan +8.12)

I am supposed to start next week with Plyo tomorrow morning or evening.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment