Feb 15, 2018

Dave's Spring MIT 2016 - Week 6

Another week of increased mileage has come and gone. Rather than recap each day's workout, I'll go with the highlights:

Track Tuesday kinda sorta didn't happen. There was a miscommunication between BGSU (where we run track nights) and our MIT leadership. In lieu, some people ran the workout outside at Fallen Timbers.

For Tempo Thursday, we had a strong and mighty turnout with A Flock of Runners. Afterwards, we had beer and food at Beer Barrel. I finally ate the meatball salad. It was sloppy and delicious.

The Saturday long run was great. Fourteen miles nice and easy. Some in The Flock like to run ahead of us coaches. And then they have to wait for us and they get antsy about stiffening up. Stay behind the coaches, Flock. Take it easy.

---

And now it's Thursday of the following week. It's like, 50 degrees outside. That means that I get to wear shorts to run outside! Yass. Yass yass yass.

I'm on the mend from a cold that bitch-slapped me on Sunday evening. I attribute my body's ability to quickly evict said cold to a diet rich in minerals and nutrients and devoid of gluten and dairy. And lots of water. One day I had no coffee. That was sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment