Nov 18, 2013

Good Weekend, Bad Weekend

Some really awesome stuff happened this weekend.

Friday:
Beer and euchre to celebrate a friend's accomplishment.

Satuday:
8.5-mile run.
Tasty mediterranian lunch.
Stumbled upon a wine tasting while visiting the new Kroger in Maumee.
Super fun oil change and car wash.
Bought a brand-spanking-new road bike and helmet at an awesome price.
Enjoyed cocktails and dinner at Registry Bistro finally.

Sunday:
Ran a solid 7 miles.
Failed attempt number four at trivia finals. Damn you, Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Survived the severe storm of the freakin' year.
Lay awake in bed all night fearing that trees would fall onto our house.

And now it's Monday. We've been without electricity since 5:35ish yesterday evening. Nearly 15 hours without power and counting. I took a personal day due to the lack of sleep. P-burg schools are closed, most businesses in our commerce-dense area remain closed, our house is cold, I can't open the fridge, and we may never see the lid to our hose box ever again.

I tried to juice up my phone last night via the laptop, but the power on that source drained before I could get a decent charge. I hung out in my car a little bit earlier this morning to plug it in and listen to the radio--neither of the two we have inside work even with new batteries. What? I came to Starbucks for heat, caffeine, and an internet connection to check on the status of this dang power outage. Ohio Edison is apparently only capable of letting me know that my power is out. Thanks because I wasn't sure.

Here's hoping for a day on the up-and-up. Also, maybe a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment